U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and YOU!
Basic Training - Boot Camp Fitness Program, Marines and Cordova Parks & Recreation presents the Armed Forces Day - Mud Run, a salute to our armed forces!
Come join us for a family and spectator-friendly 5-mile multi-loop obstacle challenge course!
We have a scenic multi-loop, cross country type of running course - enjoy the views of the fish pond, petting zoo, and grassy hills along the American River!
The course insludes a "clean" mud pit, 4-foot high walls, tunnels, hay bales, hills, a push-up station, a close quarters combat station, drill instructors and military personnel who will motivate you through to the end!
- Registration for adults - $59.00.
- 5-Person Teams - $249.00.
(Each participant will each run 5 laps each. 5 person teams must start and finish together.)
- 5-Person Relay Teams - $249.00.
(Each relay participant will each run a 1 mile lap.)
- Kids' 1/2 Mile Race - $19.00 for ages 10 years and younger.
(Parents are encouraged to run with their children. Note: Kid finishers will receive dog tag only!)
Please bring copies of vouchers, and exact change or checks for T-shirt purchases and day-of-race registration fees.
All adult participants will receive their very own military dog tag with chain, race bib, goodie bag and refreshments!
Free raffle prizes include: a mountain bike, Nike vision sunglasses, 1 month Basic Training - Boot Camp membership, fitness gear and more!
The Golden Boot Awards will be given to the Top Male, Top Female, Top 5-Person Team and Top 5-Person Relay Team finishers!
After the race, enjoy military, law enforcement and fire vehicle displays with the whole family!*
Sorry, no refunds! Event will run rain or shine.
* Police, fire and military vehicles and static displays are subject to change.
Hagan Community Park (Next to Cordova High School)
2101 Chase Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA
Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 9:00AM
We are encouraging all participants to park inside Hagan Community Park
Parking is only $4.00 and supports the Cordova Recreation & Park District.
Schedule of Events
- 0700 - Late Registration and On-Site Packet Pickup Opens
- 0800 - Registration Open
- 0830 - Registration Open
- 0845 - National Anthem
- 0900 - Military 5 Mile Wave
- 0905 - Mens' 5 Mile Wave
- 0910 - Womens' 5 Mile Wave
- 0915 - 5-Person Team 5 Mile Wave (Runners run 5 miles each. Must start and finish together.)
- 0920 - 5-Person Relay Team 5 Mile Wave (Runners run 1 lap each.)
- 0930 - Race In Progress. Got Mud?
- 1000 - Kids Race 1/2 mile wave (10 and under. Parents can run with kids.)
- 1030 - Awards Ceremony
- 1100 - Picnic & Party
After the Armed Forces Day - Mud Run
Please stick around and enjoy two other CRPD scheduled events happening the same day at Hagan and Village Green Parks.
- Project Contagion: Zombies will be invading Hagan Community Park! 7-10pm.
- 5th Annual iFEST: International Food Festival at Village Green Park. 5-9pm.
The Armed Forces Day - Mud Run is the Original Northern California Mud Run, formerly the Mather Mud Run, established in 1999 by SDI Rodney Carson.
We have 10 previous successful mud run events under our belt!
High Speed - Low Drag: No parking problems, no waiting on course, no injuries and no hassles!
Got Mud? Our mud pit is not dug in horse pastures or a rodeo arena and filled with water and horse manure!
Come Run and Support Our Troops!